How to Access iCloud Photos: Do you want to know the trick to download iCloud photos or Access iCloud photos on iPhone, Mac, PC, and Android? Do you want to know how to access iCloud photos on Android? If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, you will find a guide on how to access iCloud photos and videos from the iCloud photo library. If you have a non-Apple device then this is not an easy task to download iCloud photos. Apple introduced iCloud photo library for Apple devices. For Windows PC, you can access iCloud photos and videos through iCloud for Windows software. You need to download and install it on your Windows PC.
You should enable it to auto-sync or update an existing photo library on your Apple device connected with the same Apple ID. iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service. If we talk this in simple words is iOS users can backup their iPhone data in iCloud storage. But, there is some limitation to access iCloud storage. The service provides a free 5GB storage capacity to store data, movies, photos, videos, and many more. If the user wants more storage then a person should buy extra storage like 50GB, 200GB, and 2TB. If you don’t know how to create iCloud account, then we have shared detailed guide here.
Many people don’t know how to access iCloud photos on iPhone, and Mac. But, don’t worry. We are here to solve your query related to the iCloud photo library. This is the best solution to access iCloud photos from any device. You need to enable the iCloud photo library on iPhone and Mac devices. Once you enable the iCloud photos options, every photo and video you add to your device is automatically combined into a single library and uploaded to iCloud.
How to Access iCloud Photos on iPhone and iPad
To access iCloud photos on iPhone and iPad, you need to follow below simple steps:
- Make sure you have enabled iCloud photos (My Photo Stream) on your device.
- Go to the Photos App.
- Select Photos from the bottom of the screen to view all your photos.
- Select the Albums tab to view your entire Album inside them.
- Preview your photos on the device and synchronized with iCloud.
This is the way you can access iCloud photos on iPhone and iPad.
Note: – After enabling “iCloud Photos” you will see the “All Photos” Album instead of “Camera roll”. The “All Photos” caption means you have your photos in iCloud storage. If you see “Camera Roll” this means that iCloud photo sync is not enabled.
How to View iCloud Photos on Android
If you have an Android device then don’t worry, you can still access iCloud photos. Follow the below steps to view your photos in iCloud using an Android phone and tablet.
- Open your favorite browser on your Android device.
- Head over to Address bar and type iCloud.com
- Tap the Setting button on the web browser page and select the Desktop site.
- Enter your iCloud account login and password to access and view photos on the Android device.
This is a simple way to access iCloud Photos on Android devices.
How to Download Photos from iCloud to Mac
We have clicked several pictures but don’t have the option to save them on the device. Apple introduced iCloud photo library to store several photos in iCloud. You can view and download your photos in Mac too. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open your favorite web browser and go to iCloud.com
- Enter your Apple ID and password in the required fields
- Once you are logged in to the iCloud website Click on the “Photos” icon.
- Click to select a particular photo you want to download. If you want to download multiple photos then hold down the SHIFT key as you click to select the multi pictures to download from iCloud.
- On the next screen, you will see the download icon upper right corner of the web browser. Click on the download icon to download the particular photo to the computer.
You will see your downloaded photo in the default location of the download folder. You will find your downloaded photo in their original resolution.
Access iCloud Photo Library on Mac
Here are few steps to access iCloud photo without iPhone in your Mac computer/ laptop.
- Go to “System preference” on your Mac
- On the System preference menu, click on the iCloud and then tick the “Photo” checkbox
- To confirm if Photo Stream is n, open options and make sure it’s switched on with “iCloud Photo Sharing”, “iCloud Photo Library”, and “My Photo Stream”.
In this way your pictures will automatically uploaded to Mac computer.
How to Download iCloud Photos to Windows PC
Windows users also have an option to access iCloud photos by downloading and installing iCloud software onto Windows PC. You can find out steps below:
- Install the iCloud sync software to your Windows PC.
- After iCloud for Windows has been installed, locate for the “iCloud Photos” from the Windows file explorer.
- Choose “Download Photos and Videos”
- If ask, select the date or years of pictures you want to download photos.
- iCloud will download the chosen photo to Windows PC, the pictures will go to \Pictures\iCloud Pictures\Downloads\
This way you can access iCloud Photos on Windows PC.
Didn’t Find the Latest Photo on iCloud Photo Library
Sometime you may not find an instant effect on iCloud photo library due to many reasons and problems.
Your iCloud storage is full and can’t able to save more photo after 5GB. In this situation, you need to clean up iCloud storage space or need to upgrade iCloud storage plan.
If you have poor internet connectivity then also you can face this problem. In this situation, you need to manual push or sync operation in iPhone or iPad.
You can enable iCloud Photo Library by going Settings > iCloud > Photos > Enable iCloud Photo Library.
You can enable iCloud backup by going Settings > iCloud > Backup > Enable iCloud Backup.
Final Word on iCloud Photo Library
Guys, these are the ways you can access iCloud photo library on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC. Just follow the above steps properly and you can access all your required data from iCloud.