Setup iCloud on Android: Hey guys, do you want to know how to install and access iCloud for Android photos? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to share how to login to iCloud on Android phones.
Many times we thought that “can I access iCloud from Android Smartphone? “ But, actually yes, we can access iCloud email account on Android phone. iCloud is a very well known name for Apple’s devices like the iPhone, iPad, or MacBook. iCloud is storage and computing services.
If you switch to an Android device from an iPhone device, then there is a high chance that you have already set up and access the iCloud email address. When we are on an Apple device, we can create an iCloud email ID. But when we switch to an Android Smartphone, most of the users discard their iCloud email address with tail “@icloud.com”. But, we have the solution to setup iCloud on Android.
How to add an iCloud Email Address on Android
As we already told you that iCloud cloud services are only for Apple users. Means who are using Apple’s iOS device like iPhone, iPad, or MacBook.
Here we recommend the Gmail app to add an iCloud email account. But, you can able to add your iCloud email address in the most email app.
As you know, Apple enables two-factor authentication by default in iCloud account, the easiest way to set up an iCloud email address on your Android phone by creating an app-specific password for your iCloud email address.
To add iCloud email address in Android smartphones, you have to follow few steps to perform this activity.
- Setup iCloud email account on Android
- Using the Gmail App
- Create an app-specific password for iCloud
- Import iCloud contacts to Gmail contacts
- Add iCloud calendar
After adding iCloud email, we need to import and sync iCloud contacts and calendar to the special email app which you are using.
Create an App-specific Password for iCloud
We cannot directly add an iCloud email address in our Android Smartphone. Apple’s two-factor authentication makes it difficult for third-party apps to login, but Apple lets us generate an app-specific password to use an android.
Let’s check out the steps on how we can create an app-specific password for iCloud email.
- Launch your favorite web browser and go to Apple ID page and sign in.
- Scroll to the “Security” option.
- Under “app-specific password”, click “generate password”.
- Enter a password label like “Android Gmail Email”, and click on create.
- Take not of the password that has been generated. We will need to setup iCloud email address on Android device.
Add iCloud Email Address on Your Android Phone
- Go to setting tab from notification area. It’s the gear icon on the upper right.
- Tap on Accounts and backup. (This may vary device to device)
- Tap Add Accounts.
- Click on Personal (IMAP) which Gmail logo besides it.
- Type your iCloud email address, and then click on Next.
- Now type your app-specific password that you generated before.
- Click on Next.
If your iCloud email address and password are correct, then Android Gmail signs in and starts to sync the iCloud email account to your device.
You can now use your iCloud email address to send and receive emails.
Sync iCloud Contacts to Android Device
If you want to access your important contacts from the iCloud account, then you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to your iCloud account using your web browser.
- Open your iCloud contacts and simply select contacts that you want to export.
- Click the gear icon and select the export V card. Save the VCF file to your computer.
- Now you can simply import VCF file of the contacts to your Android device.
This way you can access your iCloud contacts on your Android device.
Add iCloud Calendar to Android Device
- Open icoud.com and sign in with your apple ID.
- Select the Calendar option and click the calendar you want to import.
- Then, click on Calendar share and public sharing
- This way you can generate public URL
- Now go to Google calendar, and click on add > from URL
- Copy and paste the public URL which we generated above.
Final Word on Setup iCloud on Android
Guys, this way you can set up an iCloud email account on Android device. This is the easiest way to use iCloud with Android devices. Have you just moved to Android from iOS? How did you setup iCloud on Android phones? Feel free to tell us your methods for using the iCloud emails on your Android Smartphone.